Production Document ( 2nd year )

Production Document ( 2nd year )

Thursday 14 January 2010

Date: November 25th 2009 (Meeting with Stas)



The purpose of this meeting was to show Stas an update of the work that I have been doing so far and to get some helpful criticisim on parts of the characters before I commit to keeping them.

Armour for the chest before importing into Zbrush.



Armour and left arm have been sculptured but I still need

to show some damage on the armour.


At the moment I have been working on the characters gun which hangs on her left leg.

I used the design of an old gun called the broom handle which was manufactured in 1896, I have used this design because I found the shape of the gun very interesting and I like how the main pistol can fold away into the arm rest.




Reference Pictures




Broomhandle pistol (Not for in-game)


On the game character the gun will be folded up so I don’t need to model the complete gun inside of the holder, but as additional work I want to model the gun when it is out of its casing.

Stas could tell that I have used the box modeling method for building most of the gun, so he suggests to not use box modeling and use separate shapes to build a stronger outline of the object.


Model for characters leg.


Model with normals.




No comments: