Production Document ( 2nd year )

Production Document ( 2nd year )

Monday, 22 February 2010

Date: Febuary 20th 2010 (character completed)

Over the weekend I textured the final parts of my character outfit and added the textures to the Unreal model. At this stage the only things I need to sort out, are the team skins and the package folder.
When the folder has been completed I can then release my mod character to the Epic community.

Teresa is quite difficult kill and she loves finding this weapon and blasting me in the back or maybe I'm just crap at using the keyboard and mouse functions of unreal.

Date: Febuary 13th 2010 (Ingame)

In my last report I learnt a few valuable lessons on how to prepare my characters rig for Unreal, I lost some production time by having to learn from my mistakes, but next time I will not make the same mistakes and now I am more confident in transferring characters into Unreal from Maya.

At this point in the project I wanted to make sure that I have the characters mesh working properly in the game so I used the characters ambient occlusion map for the diffuse color just to test everything out.

At this stage everything checks out just fine the movement of the character is great and I feel that I can move onto texturing the rest of the character starting with the head section.

(At this stage her facial expression needs adjusting)

After completing the texture for the characters face, I updated the Unreal textures just to see how it would look in Unreal. Now that the texture was on the characters face I noticed a few simple things that needed tweaking, like the mouth area was very wide and in the texture I painted too much dirt on her face so I reduced the amount of dirt to show more of her face.

Her facial expression looks more natural and I textured some of the body to test out the color of her uniform.

So far I’m really happy with the texturing on the characters face and I think it looks great in the game engine so I now feel confident enough to get on with texturing the rest of the body.

Work in progress so far (19/02/2010)