At this point in the project I wanted to make sure that I have the characters mesh working properly in the game so I used the characters ambient occlusion map for the diffuse color just to test everything out.
At this stage everything checks out just fine the movement of the character is great and I feel that I can move onto texturing the rest of the character starting with the head section.
After completing the texture for the characters face, I updated the Unreal textures just to see how it would look in Unreal. Now that the texture was on the characters face I noticed a few simple things that needed tweaking, like the mouth area was very wide and in the texture I painted too much dirt on her face so I reduced the amount of dirt to show more of her face.
Her facial expression looks more natural and I textured some of the body to test out the color of her uniform.
So far I’m really happy with the texturing on the characters face and I think it looks great in the game engine so I now feel confident enough to get on with texturing the rest of the body.
Work in progress so far (19/02/2010)